View Single Post
Old 31.08.2013, 01:20 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
First off a few corrections/updates:
  1. The TI2 is USB 2.0 not 1.1
Actually Access touts it as a USB 2.0 compatible device that runs at 12Mbit data transfer rate, and that is the max data rate of USB 1.1 (a.k.a Full Speed mode, as opposed to Hi-Speed mode that USB 2.0 is capable of). This has been well discussed here and elsewhere.

But still, comments well taken and I do understand your point about potentially a software issue and it inexplicably working for a while and then stopping, and you very well may be right. The only thing I could say is that I have seen some USB devices (not synths necessarily) that do not behave well when the computer's power mode changes, for example powering down to a standby mode. It's a long shot but is it possible your system is in some way changing it's power state?

Interesting to me that a Virus dealer is highlighting the problems with software integration here. Perhaps you'll find more appreciation for your focus on this problem than I have. It is a big topic with me because I want to enter Virus ownership again but I keep waiting for a big announcement at NAMM to make a decision.