View Single Post
Old 08.04.2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMystic View Post
You've heard the old phrase "A woman's work is never done..."?

We need to add 3 more words - "by a woman"
BWAAHHH!! ROFLMAO!!! The weaker sex, whatever. My wife got me good a few years ago. She spoke with one of our neighbors and found out they were having a BBQ at 4:00 PM that afternoon. So, she asked me if I would like to go to it (at about 12:30 PM), and of course I said "Yes." Then she said "Great. Then "we" need to mow the lawn, get my car washed, and gas it up too." Who do you think got to do all that?

How sophisticated of a setup are you planning for your music room? I converted my garage into a den/office/guestroom/studio. It's my lair. I just had four bad ass prints framed on box canvas and hung them on the wall to liven up the room. My PA speakers are wall mounted on the back wall, two desks run along it, one my DAW the other my schoolwork PC. It's not acoustically treated at all, but it actually doesn't sound half bad in there as the back wall is covered with three bookcases loaded with all my old textbooks (and my wife's too) and there's carpet on the floor in there so there has got to be some dampening effect from all that. Will post pics soon. I just bought a "Gemini L Desk" (available in cherry/silver OR maple/black) for $89 from Staples. It's a great desk for a DAW (It has a second shelf which can hold some small nearfields + a LCD monitor; which can be modded to be more heavy duty of course) and delivery is free, a greaty deal compared to the shitty Studio RTA creation station for $199 + $70shipping from Musician's Friend.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

Time to go to work. Isn't it ironic that work can be restful compared to life at home?
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile