View Single Post
Old 12.11.2014, 06:13 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

To answer the original question, what this thread IS about! THE TITLE

1. Because there is more of it and more access to it. If we had only 5 electronic music records those 5 would be seen as amazing, by those into it. Because we have millions those 5 now look mediocre.

2. Times change, music changes, what once was seen as good is now seen as bad. You think it sucks, others don't. (dare i say it, TASTE)! Music today is more about quick rotation, fast transitions (yeah i'm not into that either) early electronic music was about long drawn out build ups. We loved those long drawn out build up, today they SUCK! The ADHD generation yeah but that is who they are, there fore it don't suck to them but it sucks to you.

3. to the points raised not in the title but in your opening post (edit: not in opening post, most of my reply were to other things you had said in your first few posts). Market Share, marketing, hype, manipulated by the industry. They sold more back then doesn't prove that today music mainly sucks where as before it didn't

4. a lot of modern electronic music always sucked, a lot of every style of music always sucked, it's not new.

FINALLY! yes your right no act will probably sell as many albums as these greats as you mentioned. In 10 years from now i doubt musicians will even sell albums. That don't make them any less great! that don't mean they suck!

These are the points i've been making over and over and they are very on topic to what you have started. it's because you won't accept them you are throwing them out seeing them as....