View Single Post
Old 08.05.2013, 04:03 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Yeah, and there's one potential clue that I'm wondering about -- when you set up the MIDI port connections in Cubase, the official Novation video shows the Remote SL MKII as having an entry for Port 1 and Port 2, where as I only see an entry for the Remote SL MKII with no mention of ports. That could be simply because something has been updated since the video made, or it could be a clue to the issue.

The other thing that is different before (my old Remote 49 with FLStudio for example) is that I've got way more MIDI enabled devices now, with the UltraNova and the CMC controllers and so forth. It could be a config issue or some sort of conflict that I'm overlooking due to the sheer amount of stuff to wade through.

But if it were a conflict it seems like there would be an issue with using Advanced mode on the board. This is clearly an Automap related issue, because without that I'm able to use things fine enough. The real motivation in getting Automap working would be mostly to be able to switch between using the faders for DAW mixer track control versus plugin control, and just for the gratification of getting everything working. I could live with it fine enough the way it is -- I wasn't even using Automap before. But something about my (tenacious I guess) nature makes me not want to give up on this until I understand all the details at least.