View Single Post
Old 10.08.2009, 11:47 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
Psytrance is not about the gadgets at all. It's all about production. Dark psy used lots of fx plugins, most soft synths. Lots of the older dudes are switchin it up to plugins as well. It's all in the techniques of production.

If you worry about what gear you need, you will miss the point of developing your skill. Between your virus, waldorf, good converters, and a few good drum sample libraries you can top the charts for years. Learning your instruments will bring you closer to making good psytrance than any synth. I hunted for psy gear for years and purchased all the synths I thought I needed. I ended up using them for a bit until I got to the point where as long as I had my virus and an analog synth to match, i was good to go.
I have to agree it's not really about the gadgets but more about the production.......i think to make good psytrance you have to be clever with the arangement and the effects you use. of course you need good sounds to build on.
I went out and purchased a load of equipment thinking it was going to solve everything but i quickly realised I was the weak link, the only way is to keep persevering and learning learning.