View Single Post
Old 17.11.2003, 02:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora

i still feel that Access could put a definitive tested os upgrade on there site rather than their current batch of offerings..
They have set such high standards with their products and OS's that i can't help but feel dissappointed.
Although we're certainly open minded for suggestions to improve the stability and quality of the virus OS builds it's not like we don't test at all and you our users as beta testers. in fact we test a lot but unfortunately finding bugs also means that you need to be a little lucky sometimes.

i give you an example: the first build os OS6.5 contained a bug which enabled the individual outs 3-6 in the multi mode. sure you'll think now - "yeah, that's really obvious, why didn't they find this?". unfortunately the multi outs worked on part one and when we tested this OS build we haven't tested the outs on every part.

don't get me wrong - we care about bugs and we try to fix them as fast as possible. that's why you have been supplied with 3 OS version in such a short while.

somebody mentioned that it would help to know that the second1024.mid installs the 1024 sounds (and therefore can delete what you have stored in banks e-h). let me quote from the readme file which comes with every OS update:

"...
Load SECOND1024.mid into your Virus. Proceed as stated in the display.
This file contains the ROM sounds."

we will ammend that this file can possibly overwrite existing ROM sounds. we though that this would be pretty obvioous.

as for the LFO3 bug - we haven't had any bug report so far and in case you believe you've found a new bug, please contact us at: support@access-music.de

best, marc