View Single Post
Old 08.04.2013, 11:07 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
Back on topic. What do you guys think about this interface? I think it's one of the best of all this new wave of analogue mono synthesizers that are reaching the market now. It's balanced, seems well laid out, very intuitive, I personally like the adsr envelopes with faders instead of knobs, specially for a synthesizer with this characteristics. Seems to me that the second Bass Station is better competition for their old rival Roland SH 101, then the previous one. And it's also curious that the first was digital and the second analogue. It's like a time loop of some kind. But actually makes sense today, and shows Novation's reading the market - and probably having success with their line of hardware synths. Even though I do think that the Supernova feels more like a beast then UltraNova, even though I'm no fool and I recognize there's a lot of new tools on that, and performance wise, every other brand should be paying attention!

So... What's Roland waiting for? Every player is playing there cards now
Yeah I sort of veered off-topic a bit.

Anyway I suspect Novation's success with this will depend on the price point of the synth. I think they've given me a free copy of the Bass Station soft synth about three times now, and I've tried it but never could discover why I needed it any more than my other synths which do bass just fine.

I thought it was a bit strange that they are calling it Bass Station II, even if that's what it is, after they've been giving away a plugin called Bass Station free for so long.

I'll look forward to hearing how it actually sounds, the video didn't demo it much. The bearded dude was taking care of all the real business with the MiniNova and UltraNova and barely touching the Bass Station II until the very end.