View Single Post
Old 22.10.2006, 01:03 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

1. About Multi Support... Vyzor makes the statement that Multis will work in their product. This will be a difficult task for them achieve in a VST host app for the reasons below. If it's a standalone solution, then who cares? We've been doing that for years now with sysex apps.

All Multi communication gets handled via sysex data [page C], (not CC or CP messages). While it is not a problem building a VST to send the sysex data, the problem is in finding a VST host that supports sysex from a VST. There are only two ATM for PC (VST Host and possibly Cubase SX3) that support this. So, this is why there is not much development in the sysex area for the reKon audio VST's. I am not sure why Vyzor has not mentioned this hard learned fact, but it will be a hurdle. As a VST developer, I know the obstacles involved. It appears they may not.

2. It's already available from reKon audio in Mac and PC format and works on ALL Virus machines (not TI, of course).

3. It's half the price of the Vyzor product.

4. [edited out in the interests of fairness. Potential customers themselves can decide if it "looks better" - or not - than another competing product. ~ Timo]

5. Excellent support from an industry provider of MIDI plugins.

6. You can visually see every parameter of patch in the reKon product.

7. Do you really need more reasons? Once you use it, you will definately see the value it returns and why it's a smarter way to work with your patches right inside your sequencer host (i.e. along with your music).

Cheers,
lanrosta - reKon audio

Last edited by Timo : 05.02.2007 at 04:08 PM.