Thread: Is it funny?
View Single Post
Old 09.12.2005, 03:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
about a year ago i posted a few 'help me' threads about my virus b playing back drunkenly and not achieving arp sync properly. especially at high cpu loads.

i hope whatever problem there is with the TI will work for previous iterations of the virus. like a retrofit patch. but to say this problem is exclusively with the TI is wrong. ive seen it happen on a VC on my rig and it still happens on my VB.

i still maintain that it has nothing to do with the virus hardware or OS (Because many VB and VC users do not have this problem) but rather with the combination of software and drivers i am using or a problem with one or all of them interacting.

i have had a few problems with M-Audio's Delta ASIO driver in FL Studio 5.0. all of them remain unfixed as of the latest driver revision. I assume my drunken virus is somehow related to the Delta ASIO driver or the Delta ASIO driver inside FL Studio 5.0. for TI owners that never experienced this problem with their old VCs and VBs i guess it could be a Vcontrol thing...shrugs.
I'd like to add that over the 4 years I've had the virus b the arp has been tempermental. Mainly due to the quality of midi clock the Cubase Vst sends out. My workarounds were mainly to ignore midi clock for arps and set the bpm in the patch. As long as you re-triggered every two bars it didn't seem to matter. Also the other side effect of bad midi clocks was that the delays would pitch up and down when attempting to sync.
I hear a lot of the same things going on in the TI, and I have made a habit now of using Virus control with my RME sound card auto sync to the s/pdif of the TI. That way the RME and Cubase are the sync chasers.