View Single Post
Old 28.02.2016, 04:26 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Has it really been almost a year since an addition to this thread? Okay, here goes.

You probably have to be at least 40, and to have had your share of random naughty encounters in the clubs of south Florida in the 80s to even remember this tune. It could probably use some re-mastering, at least based on this video to have the same effect it used to have, but that sparsely processed stabby synth lead is iconic, just because of the rawness and specific EQing, and the way it used to cut through the mix in the clubs back then really gave it a signature feel. Sound system setups, and even reference monitor specs were different back then (which is one reason some older tracks don't seem to have the same punch on modern iphones etc).

Looking back I don't even think I heard it played outside of the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. I'm not even sure why that would be. Regional sound preferences maybe -- we didn't have the Interwebs to push things quite as far and wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtiteyzoFAM

It was typical of the day in that it sounded digital as hell. Roland D50s and Yamaha DX7s were all over the place.