View Single Post
Old 01.03.2016, 03:12 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Looking back I don't even think I heard it played outside of the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. I'm not even sure why that would be. Regional sound preferences maybe -- we didn't have the Interwebs to push things quite as far and wide.

Or could be the production on this is godawful & the song is pretty weak
That would be an indication that weak music was only played in south Florida? lol

Yeah it's not a great song but the thread is not about great songs, its about iconic ones. "Freestyle" was kind of a niche genre that originated in the Miami area, and that track was one of the defining ones, so that particular synth stab will be iconic to the folks who remember it, maybe not so much to those that don't (understandable).

As I covered with reasonable thoroughness in the earlier message, it sounds like absolute hell when crunched down into a youtube clusterfuck or played over an ipod, because tracks back then were mastered to reference toward club sound systems of the era. So they sounded very different than what you hear today. The same is true with a lot of older tunes -- don't judge their production value of the era they targeted with how they sound over the gear of today. The shyte produced today is going to sound like turd a couple of decades into the future anyway.