View Single Post
Old 03.03.2009, 09:45 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixy View Post
Thanks for the help so far guys. The sound quality from the Motu was definitely awesome, but from what Totty was saying, It might be better for the bank to shell out cash for the Virus now to start simple, and back to the Motu if i add more controllers. Another question crops up:

If it's being used as a controller for Live, I'm assuming that the Virus can be used to control its own software synth for live keyboarding? (would that require a brief switch out of controller mode & is this easy enough to do?)

On a side note, if I do get the Motu or am running the Virus as the interface, the Novation Remote Sl61 looks pretty damn sick as a controller. That's the kind of thing I would definitely like to invest in for Live stuff.

Thanks again all.

If you want the Virus sound I think that would be a good way to go. You can always build the setup later.

For live stuff, you probably would want more control, On the TI, you can switch from remote mode or control the Virus - Not at the same time. Doesn't stop you automating certain parts and then switching. But - to start off with, it is what it says:Totally Integrated