View Single Post
Old 03.06.2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I was going to take it easy, but no.

For the sake of truth: that's a pure 30.5Hz wave, it's got more then one complete cycle, in fact there's 30 and a half. The only thing you can complain about is "discontinuity" - so go ahead and search for that.

Further more: we can ear sine waves and sine waves don't actually produce any sort of clip in their beginning, not unless reproduction of the audio starts or ends on a non zero crossing point. You may have that "feeling" with instruments whose oscillators are incapable of fixing phase start position. You can set phase initial position on the Virus, btw.

The only thing wrong with my sample is that you can't loop it and still get a perfect 30.5Hz sine wave, you'd have to go back, choose a zero cross point at the end of a cycle, and then if you were to loop that, you'd have a perfect 30.5Hz sine wave playing for as long as it makes you happy. Sampling frequency (the time you set to analyse a signal) has nothing to do with the frequency of the signal itself, so as a matter of fact you are INDEED confusing a lot of things. Mentioning spectral leakage is almost laughable at this point, since you show absolutely no accuracy in your remarks and you're failing to provide a solid basis for any of your claims. In fact, it all reads like pretentious rubbish talk to me and any informed reader. So there's a little honesty for you to digest slowly with a pinch of salt m8.