View Single Post
Old 03.06.2014, 05:50 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
https://meocloud.pt/link/c794215c-b3...018.34.02.png/

that's how I produced the sample, and that's the oscilloscope showing no signs of disturbance, plus an FFT analysis of the frequency spectrum showing a single harmonic in there. FFT resolution isn't big enough to show a perfect line on low frequencies for reasons - again - I'm not going to explain to you.

This turned out to be even a bigger mess then I thought it was. So as of now, I rest my case. Cheers.
I don't see how the picture you produced is relevant to anything you or I have said. We are talking about 30.5hz sine wave existing in a ONE SECOND WINDOW here. I have never said that 30.5hz sine wave is impossible to be produced in a completely arbitrary window, which is what you used. (Or span at the sample length of, is that around 32k samples? - which failed at showing a point as well). In fact, 2 second window has a frequency resolution of 0.5hz - no problem producing 30.5hz there.

I think in the last post you made you yourself admitted that the length of the sample determinates the frequency resolution. Isn't that what this was all about?