View Single Post
Old 18.01.2013, 06:11 PM
Pro
Pro

I love the build-quality on Access AND Waldorf Synths (the Microwave XT and Waldorf Q Rack are literally built like military specification and could easily be used as a boat anchor, only of course if the synths were beyond repair)....the German build quality is quite impressive and leaves the Asia-Pacific Synth Companie's plastic, casio build quality in the dust!!
My studio cat is NOT FAT, he is a breed that are known for their larger size and have reputational name of being "the gentle giants of cats"...Maine Coone Cats. They also are incredibly smart and all four paws are webbed---he drinks water by cupping his paw in water up to mouth!! He is actually assumed the role of being a therapy animal as I am a recently disabled USA Military Veteran and literally gets my attention to follow him where medications are kept three times a day to remind me...he also lays upside down below my Virus B and Waldorf Blofeld Black keyboard two tier when I am playing or sound tweaking...think he likes the synths!! HA! Do an internet search on that breed as he is of normal size and stature for a male....my mother calls him the black panther...lol!

back to topic: I wanted to thank you for posting part numbers for encoders/pots as that could be very helpful in future but not even a mile from me is an electronics authorized repair place for many synth brands and if should need anything such as your endeavor with both Virii out of warranty, would probably just go there after sysex dump back-up of sounds.

Very cool pics!
Robert