View Single Post
Old 21.04.2013, 03:39 AM
New here
New here

I'm not sure if any of you guys care, but I've solved the shaky pot problem without having to replace any pots at all with some strategically placed JB weld. the crazy glue fix that was mentioned pages ago was one I tried first a few years back and it worked pretty well for the hardly loose pots, but the looser ones loosened up after a year or so of use. I would prefer replacing the pots entirely, but I don't feel like spending $30 on pots only to find out that they don't fit right.

for the record, it was a shitty engineering choice on access' part to have the pots free standing like that, they are designed for the centre post to be screwed down with a washer and a nut on the faceplate so that they don't do what they seem to all do (ie. wear out).

anyhow, I'll take some pics of my jbwelded pots in case another person happens to land on this page with the same problem (hi, person from the future!).

on an unrelated note, I mailed access a while back looking for a knob and pots to buy, but they didn't have anything in stock so they took my name and address. a few months later, five free knobs and some stickers showed up in my mailbox, but no go on the pots themselves. next time I do a mousr order, I'll throw in one of those pots and let you guys know how they compare to the stock ones.

/studiocat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 420293_3134717781274_946705710_n.jpg (75.7 KB, 14 views)