View Single Post
Old 18.11.2005, 01:36 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I just got my TI yesterday (woo hoo finally) and Tried it with both Cubase SX 2.2 (i know 3.1 is recommended, but i cant afford that) and logic 5.51 on PC and got the best results from Logic by miles. (Virus V1.06R2)

had similar installation experience ot mr orange...the installer really needs some work i even had to do some registry editing to get it to run at all (couldnt find folder %VSTPLUGINS% error..)

I actually got about 14 channels of TI going using the Virus Control plugin on a quick test ...things went a bit sloppy here and there, got the odd drop out and other 'features' often talked about here but once going it was great....really freaking awesome !!! decreasing the latency on my card helped tighten it up (which i had increased to get a bit more cpu for my tracks)

Two problems though:
1. The Ti is playing either before or after the rest of my VSTs/audio tracks in logic...If i make a track just with the TI its great, but if i try to run it with anything else it sounds like a cats bum...any way to fix this?...

2. on mixdown it played back like doo doo im hoping someone can help me with that...as without mixdown its useless.

i also got it running in both logic 5.51 and cubase SX2.2 without using virus control, which worked well in both cases...oh, i did get one of those really nasty Blue Screen of Deaths (win32k.sys) in logic..but after a reboot she was fine.

in all though...even without the TI aspect...this thing sounds so unbeleivably good that its worth the money just for the hardware So powerful and clean (or dirty as hell if you want it to be)....its really got guts!. Im happy to wait a bit longer (or do a few tweaks) to get it solid.

have a nice day
-Dan