Thread: Namm 2013
View Single Post
Old 20.11.2012, 10:29 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I really don't want to get into a debate here on hard vs soft synths. I'm a fan of both... but have you ever looked at the modulation possibilities of something like Zebra? There are lots softsynths out there that let you literally modulate anything via anything, especially ones with modular or semi modular architectures. When I had my Virus Ti2, the possibilities VC afforded at that time (2009 I think?) were not even close to the versatility of Zebra, though admittedly I have not had my hands on VC recently.
yep, need no introduction to that one! Zebra is one of my favourites as well... What I meant was that it is still kind of rare to find fx parameters as modulation destinations, or something like Random for source, or the level of option for oscilators, for example, in just one synth - and it is... and why not say Reaktor? cause that would blow even the Nord Modular out of the watter when it comes to available options, right? But the point is the Virus, despite having a lot more to it, has almost a standard subtractive layout, that's very flexible - like we all know - but that's it, and on that championship, it still kind of ownes it. The filters to me are still the best sounding out there...

But yeah, couple that with the ability to draw waveshapes like on the Zebra, possibly even user wavetables, samples, so forth and so on... and it would be the beast to rule them all. some copying of massive's kind of lfos would be cool to, btw eheh

just give us a new beast to play with access - with no usb bugs on it! and we'll start a new access music religion right here