Thread: Namm 2013
View Single Post
Old 20.11.2012, 10:37 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
....**MAYBE** I should wait a bit when Access releases whatever they have up their sleeves, then get an used Virus Ti2 a bit cheaper when people start selling to buy the "next Virus"?
On a side note, Elektron's 'Analog Four" is being released Dec 3, and it's official in the FACT they are releasing it VERY incomplete. So much in-fact, not even an operational manual because they are not sure if all features can even be implimented~!! The device does not give me any GAS whatsoever because it seems to me to be a quasi-copy of DSI Poly Evolver BUT without the poly-thing and absolutely no wavetable osc's either. What's up with the ethics of companies releasing BLATANT incomplete products? Could this just be simple greed and expense of nervous systems of humans? I do not get it!
Back to the Mothership!
If I where u I would not wait around for access to release anything...its not looking to good for them & hasn't been for quite some time. As far as hard/software musical instrument manufacturers are concerned there are so many of them releasing products that don't match up to there advertising it is criminal & has been going on for decades with even some of the biggest names not coming through with the product they sell. Features promised not being implemented, buggy software, crappy build quality etc. etc.
If I buy software I download the demo & fully test before purchasing & if I buy hardware I get it from a dealer that will take it back if I am not happy with it after a month. It's the only way to avoid disappointment.
The fact is most of them are like drug dealers & do not have ethics, they just want your money.