View Single Post
Old 24.04.2007, 06:29 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

In the higher range, I always tend to get a headache because of the aliasing that is even worse when playing more notes. I am controlling the Virus via a NL2 keyboard and rule of thumb so far is that I keep the pitch of the Virus at 0 or below. That seems to work. If I had the Virus KB, I guess most of the sounds needed to stay at -1. Like I said before, in that range the virus sounds great!!

With the saturation stage and the distortion effect is a bummer. But I guess you can live with it. The effects are great also for processing my NL2 (even at higher pitches no aliasing to be heard).

Another cool effect I really like is to sync and detune the oscillator down! With the classical waveforms there is no difference but with the wavetable you get changes in the waveform. Never thought of that until I took apart on of Howards sounds apart. I wonder if this works the same way on my XTk?

Now, looking at the TI, I guess what mainly changed is the polyphony and the amount of efx. I doubt they worked on the aliasing otherwise the specs would not been suped up that much. Can anybody confirm this?

Anyway, pretty happy with the Classic and that keeps me busy for a while.