View Single Post
Old 17.02.2014, 02:17 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I think the point everyone is missing is...do we really need another 808, 909, 303 etc. Fricken bored of that shit years ago. Only crustys making psy trance might still find it interesting in the same way the old one note bass line never gets boring to them Thats what too much acid does to ya!
I personally don't have a lot of use for that acid sound, but some folks do apparently, because of the going rate for an authentic TB-303 and the number of clones that have popped up. This is why I don't really blame Roland at all for releasing a TB-303 remake, I just think in today's market it's not worth what they are asking for it. Maybe if the price came down more I'd be interested in it just as an inspirational tech toy kind of gadget, which is really what the original TB-303 was meant to be (a toy). It's just that for those of us who work in a DAW (most of us?) the pattern/groove/bassline options are just way past this, and my own needs don't really dictate a standalone box, and if they did I'll be honest I think FLStudio Mobile on my iPad probably does a lot more than this thing.