View Single Post
Old 17.02.2014, 06:18 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Yeah I think if thats the sound I was going for I'd spend $15 on this for my iPad. Spent many a happy hour on the original program Acieeeeed!

http://www.rebirthapp.com/
The basic concept of highly tweaked sequence patterns isn't too different from the enjoyment I get out of the 8-step sequencer of the Leipzig-S -- the whole process can be a lot of fun, and maybe being able to independently control each (true analog) oscillator's pitch as part of the step, as well as the VCF is part of what's spoiling me. Then again with analog you give up some things, too, like not being able to store patches... lol. Maybe that's one reason nobody wants to do real analog anymore, the modern crop of musicians wasn't around to see all of the creature comforts that are foregone with real analog... Just simple things like being able to load a project into the DAW and be able to recall all patches -- that was the real watershed feature that sold me on software as the future, because its that important to music making. With real analog you gotta sample it if you like it, otherwise you'll never hear the same noise twice.