View Single Post
Old 09.01.2009, 03:22 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Is it safe to use it with just five or six channels and ordinary subtractive synthesis+arpeggios and lots of fx?

I want it badly because of its soundquality, but if it is useless as a multitimbral synth with sloppy timing I have to find an other synth.

Just interested of its subtractive synthesis, fx and arpeggios, dont care about the other synthesis in the Virus TI.

I hope that you have the answer?

Thanks!
i've only having major note timing problems in MIDI standalone mode. so, if you're content only using the synth as a plug-in (with some latency), then you'll be relatively ok on that front, as long as you keep your voice count low. i would say you'd be safe running 2-3 patches with low polyphony/complexity at once. anything above that, and you're asking for trouble. adding big reverbs and long feedback delays will also take a fair chunk of available DSP power, further limiting what you can realistically pull off.

this is specific to the TI Desktop/KB/Polar. if you're thinking about a Snow, then you can cut the performance by half, as it's got half the DSP power as the Desktop/KB/Polar.

cheers,
Paul.