View Single Post
Old 29.05.2009, 11:00 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I have same exact issues (crashes, random sound destruction, out of sync) both when switching banks during playback, arming/unarming the channel for recording, and also VirusTI crash during rendering (with a sound destruction of about 2-3 seconds before this).

The host i use is Reaper (3.0) and OS 3.0.2.02beta on a Polar.
I dont use the TI as audio interface but it goes out from a Delta1010 at 5ms.
The Delta is on a dedicated IRQ (if someone wondered) and works like charm even at 2ms, the VirusTI have a dedicated USB port with dedicated IRQ too. During all those issues the CPU was always under 10% use and the crashes appens with standard banks too (my tests was made with 2 banks running, a kick and a bass)

After some troubleshooting and random tweaking i found out some solutions (but they doesnt solve all 100%)
a) disable "anticipative FX processing" will lower the crash chances (in both "buffering" and "audio" settings of reaper)
b) in the "playback" settings, disable all the "seek" options that makes "seek" during playback (this reduces a bit the out of Sync issues)
c) in "audio" settings, disable the "not process muted tracks", this lowers the out of sync when arming/unarming/arming the MIDI track of the VirusTI

doing those steps i lowered my chance of 90% crash and out of sync to a mere 20%... but still it crashes and it goes out of sync kinda often (during rendering it can happen anytime, usually after 20-30 seconds (but can be more))

...of course i do realtime rendering (called "online rendering" here)

any advice?