View Single Post
Old 21.11.2012, 11:54 PM
Pro
Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Boogie View Post
Haven't been here in a while, but wanted to jump in with more praise for the MEK. It's quite alot of features for a small monosynth, and sounds great. I'm trying to trim down and sell ONE of my synths, but MEK is not going anywhere. Right now, it's my Virus KB that may go, but I can't part with it either. Other 2 are Little Phatty and Blofeld kb. Only want to keep 3, but can't part with any of them. At least it's a good problem to have. Love that MEK track above!
Now, when I say this, I am not throwing any disdain or the like toward Moog; with having to make a choice amongst yours mentioned and being forced to thin the herd and myself ALSO knowing how DEEP the Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard Black (in my case) edition is...I mean REALLY deep but I still hold onto my Waldorf Microwave XT for nothing touches what it can do but chose NOT to get a Waldorf Q when I had a chance because I had just started to dig within the heart of the Blofeld and figured it really would be redundant to have the Q, so I went with SOME redundancy and purchased a Virus KC, already having a KB....if given a life of death situation of making a choice to let one go, realistically, the Moog Slim Phatty is easily replacable and actually, the DSI Mopho Keyboard would give you so many MORE modulation possibilities while remaining true all analog DCO with two DCO's and two different sub octave osc's, etc. would even be able to still stay below the replacement cost of slim phatty with an used Mopho Keyboard and buying a Moogfooger 101 lowPass filter, so you would have best of both world, yet more versatile than Slim Phatty's kind of shy of being a "one trick pony". Heck, even when isolating the two analog osc's on DSI MEK, those sounds are really FAT then poly chaining an evolver module for duophonic, THAT's mind-blowing! There's actually advantages having a MEK using to expand voices up to max of TWENTY over the Poly Evolver because there's some things the MEK can do PEK cannot. With the PEK, for every combo voice set-up you make, you actually end-up losing a voice, so two combo's leave you with monophonic keys whereas the archetecture of MEK does not do that and the MEK has an arpeggiator hidden within it as well Again, no "hate" for Moog but the Slim Phatty's porker price is 75% the "name" MINUS the features you can get elsewhere.
Glad to see another infekted member has found the surreal world of madness with the MEK....it's "Alice In Wonderland's" Mad Hatter and the Cheshire Cat all rolled-up into one!!!