View Single Post
Old 31.12.2017, 09:09 PM
New here
New here

Default "Audio Grade" Capacitor Kit for non-TI models

Hey everyone,

I see there is an Audio Grade Capacitor Kit for all non-TI models on Ebay, supposed to be an upgrade. I assume when someone out there replaced the usual bad capacitor, they went and did them all, and bought in bulk so now they have extras to sell as a kit.

My question is has anyone replaced all of the caps? I am considering doing so, as preventative maintenance for down the road, but also because on the Ebay description states that the new caps are "less noisy". This is a big selling point for me, as the Virus KB I have is certainly "hissy", and the headphone out near the Sustain/Control inputs is exceptionally so.

As a side question, I had replaced the three jacks on the smaller PCB that contains the Sustain/Control/Headphone jacks a while ago (they were broken prior to my loving ownership). In doing so, I accidentally lifted the solder pad for one of the Control jack legs, and consequently, it no longer functions. Not the end of the world, but a bummer nonetheless. Does anyone know of a way that I could possibly repair this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Chapterhaus : 02.01.2018 at 06:48 AM.