View Single Post
Old 04.01.2005, 01:29 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal
Its what happens when you go to software. Things just don't sound right.

You know he wrote the whole friggen album on reason. Bad idea Liam
Well I tend to agree. Early Prodigy (Circa 1995) used alot of analog synths and decent drum machines......this album is a softsynth showcase...nothing more. Early Prodigy used alot of Moog and Sequential gear for crusty drums and ripping leads and raw bass. Now their stuff sounds restrianed......no amount of plug-in distortion can make up for it.

Its like what Jean Michael Jarre did with his last two albums.....went pro-tools/VST etc....fecking bollox....totally lost his sound.

For me, there is nothing remotely interesting about a 'Phat! Rippin' Hard Sync!' done on a softsynth...... Now if u were to do that on some analogs then....you'd hear the difference and in my view it would sound alot more authentic, raw, spine tingling, atmospheric. Some people around here and on other forums seem to totally underestimate just how important it is to be using the right kind of synth for the job in hand.

Sure a softsynth can put out some nice incidental stuff.......some nice textures etc.....but for solid basses....in your face leads, blips and bleeps that have presence, reso effects....etc etc....then lets knowck off the bullshit....real analog is where its at for those. Thats where the Prodigy have gone wrong on this latest album. Pretty good song writing let down by its production.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....