View Single Post
Old 03.01.2009, 09:08 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Wow! this is serious problems, I was going to buy a Snow or Desktop very soon but now I am not so sure about it anymore.

It may be so Access have to little horsepower in the Virus TI??? that is what I think.

Are there any user who use it professional in Studio without sync problems?

SERIOUS!!!!
Well yes I think it's serious, everytime I mention it I don't really get alot of feedback, either I'm imagining it, or people generally haven't noticed it (I find that hard to believe) or it's an unmentionable wall of silence

I've never meant trouble by posting issues, sometimes I question whether I have, but I can categorically say I have noticed several issues which I perceive to be DSP power related and although I'm no engineer I feel I am correct on this one.

The other thing I've just thought of, when I had my Indigo2 (before I drowned it in wine and got an Insurance payout - for once in my life luck was on my side and I got a TI as a result) I programmed some sounds using the Moog filter in self oscilation. On the Indigo it used to make a great kick. On the TI, it looses the attack for about 5 keypresses and then starts to play back if you play back multiple keys in legato. I know these are probably rare sounds using the filter and envelope like this (including recursive modulation) I always found it disconcerting that the TI had problems playing those sounds exactly. Flame me if you like, but I'm sure there is a technical reason why..

I welcome people's comments!

Last edited by Totty : 03.01.2009 at 10:31 PM.