View Single Post
Old 12.05.2015, 12:08 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallward View Post
I do have the desktop model.
So you just bounce each part once your satisfied with it and move on? I was planning on just bouncing the tracks back into Cubase as an audio track and just automating everything from there with FX.
Yes and no. The Snow lets me have 4 parts, so I might have 4 patches loaded into the editor at once, but because the Snow only has 2 analog outs (remember I excluded USB from my world entirely for audio), that means only one stereo audio track at a time. If I wanted mono it could be two.

But with a desktop you have 6 audio outs so you could look at it like 3x the workflow flexibility if you were doing everything the same way I am. But keep in mind my way is not necessarily the right way or best way.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the part you haven't learned yet is how Cubase maps busses to analog outs. I have a bus called Stereo 2 that refers to the two input ports on the audio interface that the only set of two analog outs on the Virus are feeding into to create one stereo signal. You have three times that on the desktop so you could have up to three stereo audio tracks with separate Cubase mixer settings on them without using USB for streaming.

As far as how the tracks get there, I just created them. It doesn't look like you have an audio track in that pic.