View Single Post
Old 25.01.2013, 06:07 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Korg Re-Issue mini-MS20 Monosynth!!!!

NAMM 2013 is pretty exciting. Back in 1982 I learned synthesi after 10 years of formal classical piano and reed training on the original korg MS20 and this new re-release is 86% of size of original but SAME designers of the original MS20 made an ALL two VCO/VCA/VCF LPF and VCF HPF....carbon copy of original with patchbay and all and same exact sound and behavior but instead of 1/4' patchbay inputs, they are all 1/8 and comes with 10 patch cords and only has midi in for note-on and usb for recieving/transmitting note-on, and of course analog cv so it can be connected to other analog gear or outboard stuff and shipping projected March for MAP $599. usd. http://www.korg.com/MS20mini
I think I will be adding this to my set-up because the original on ebay at any given time is well over two thousand usd...eeek! Wish I had kept mine! Anyway, this is 100% analog and in my opinion, knowing what this can do with fully resonate and self-oscillating both LPF and High Pass Filters and crazier alien-contacting sounds than everything but perhaps an expensive classic Moog; this revelotion of true analog is really exciting and will just tell you would get a much more versatile true analog synth and better made than the current arturia minibrute for just a hundred bucks more....thought to share and wondering if anyone else had twiddled original korg MS20 years ago as well and thoughts on this cool new beast? It INDEED is a modular monosynth and can sound fat and juicy and as rude and rip your face off in a turnof a few knobs....no presets--all hands-on back to basic synthis bandcamp!
Robert