View Single Post
Old 27.01.2013, 02:29 AM
Pro
Pro

There's a HUGE subculture of modular synth geeks and Access doing something that would be hardware to add to anyone's eurorack or series of modules--I think indeed that would be a reason to make me start a mini-modular. I had considered Dark Energy II until the Korg Mini-MS20 became more than rumour and speculation based on their software release of same.
Will definitely give a review here once I have the MS20 in my hands---it's so cool in coming full-circle inbringing back to 1982 where I learned subtractive synthesis on the original and once I felt secure with that, my first polyphonic synth in 1983 was a Sequential Circuits Prophet 600 in which gigged with other military guys we managed to form a band AND play out with our various crazy US Air Force schedules. Always wanted to replace it but the used prices are a few thousand. By the way, the origianl Korg MS20 was Korg's "affordable analog monosynth" back then and full-circle, they indeed are going to sell ALOT of them and dare say many more than Moog's new offering!!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!! (any Ren and Stimpy fans?)