View Single Post
Old 12.01.2005, 03:35 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Default Sysex issue with Virus

Just wanted to start by saying hello to all as this is my first post.

I purchase a used Virus C that had a lot of sound programs in the user banks that were different than the default factory sounds. I liked alot of these sounds and decided to back them up before I made any changes. To do this I did a sysex dump into both Sounddiver and Cubase. The dump was a complete system dump covering all of the User and Rom (not sure if that is the correct term) sound banks. Anyways, figuring I was safe, I started really messing around and after a few days decided to go back to where I started, so I did a sysex transfer back from sounddiver to the Virus. Anyways, two hours later, the computer screen still showed that the transfer was still going, but nothing was happening - no lights flashing indicating data still being transferred. I waited a few more hours and then decided to stop the process. Upon rebooting the virus, none of the sounds would work - maybe 1 out of every 20 would sound but the others would be silent. I then tried a sysex from cubase to the virus, but same thing. I'm guessing my question is does it sound like the sysex data is corrupt and now I have lost all of the original sounds? Was it because I tried doing a large sysex transfer thru my midex 8? All other single sysex dumps (single sounds) work fine.

thanks.