View Single Post
Old 08.02.2009, 04:48 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Make VC part channel look like it is in the Snow?

Hi guys. Originally I was going to ask how the individual in this youtube video got his VC to look as it did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Pz4kN69Dw

I then realized, with only 4 parts showing, he must be using a Snow. I am wondering now. Since most of us don't, or even can't use all 16 parts of VC due to DSP limitations, why have it list 16 seperate channels having them so squished in view by default? Would it be possible in a future update to perhaps have the left panel blank, and the user can say, right click and choose how many channels he/she wishes to add to VC? Kind of like right clicking on a blank project in Cubase to add a track only when desireable? I would love to have a blank slate and just add say 3, 4 or however many parts the user wishes with each part being larger in size due to no longer having to display all 16 by default. In the video above I am loving the much larger size per channel, having a pan slider instead of a knob, and a much bigger activity bar. Anything under x amount of channels will have a pan slider due to size not being an option, and as soon as size does become an issue then it goes back to a knob like it is now. It shouldn't be too hard to implement I would think since clearly the snow already has such a view. Just need to adopt that to the bigger brother line of Ti's.

Thanks for reading.