View Single Post
Old 13.07.2007, 09:53 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default I got into graduate school! (I'M BAAAACK)

Hey there all,

I took the GRE (Graduate Records Exam) a few weeks ago.
I needed 1,000 or better, I got 1,110.
Hence I got accepted to graduate school.

This is a large relief to me as I need to get this out of the way.
I haven't touched my Virus KC for 6 months and am ready to go nuts at this point.

I FDISKed my DAW, reloaded it from the ground up, and bought a Dell 22" wide panel monitor.

I'm looking into using either the Rekon VST editor or another product as a new means to play with my beloved KC.

I am keeping it simple this time round. I am only loading a few key VSTis and VST FX, no more polyglot. I want to get the most out of a good few and getting less distracted by others is a good way to do that. Also, I am going to play more of my acoustic instruments, electric guitars, etc. as I have been a synth junkie for a few years and need to not neglect my first batch of gear.

DJing has been low key. I almost bought a Vestax DJ MIDI controller but then became aware of the jog wheel acceleration issue it has and decided to wait. I might get a Numark Total Control as it is alot cheaper but it doesn't have touch sensitive jog wheels. The M-Audio Xponent does but it costs the same as the Vestax and is freaking ugly.

Anyhow, that's my status in a nutshell. I have 6 weeks before school starts so I'll be drinking and posting again and hope to catch up with you all soon.

Cheers!

-AlexHall74

aka The Mod with the Bod
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile