View Single Post
Old 04.01.2013, 02:46 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Boogie View Post
I know we're here on a Virus board, but want to add that DSI Mono Evolver kb is exactly as described above. Lush, and infinitely tweakable. I also have the PE edition, and spent several hours yesterday, creating wild new sounds, mostly with just the 2 analog DCO's. What I like, is you can still use the 2 wavetable osc's as modulation sources, or destinations, even if they're not actually being used to create a "sound". Amazingly versatile synth, and a great addition to anyone's Virus set-up.
This area is exactly place to talk about studio equipment ASIDE from Virus but with the Virus and DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard having External Audio Ins, the MEK is a beast of many faces and even whilst polychained, the midi out will send note data in number of voices you have polychained or not to another instrument or act as a midi trigger for instance initiate an arp pattern or make a multimode-set-up play with whatever trigger set-up. Cannot imagine a better match for an advanced and versatile Virus set-up and even run Virus through true analog VCF...it's like giving a sculptor new specialized set of carving tools that carry-over to use with what one already has at their disposal. Glad to see other Virus owners using this as well!