View Single Post
Old 07.01.2005, 09:56 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Liam said this....and Liam said that....

Ok sweethearts....tell Screams the artical and he'll put this matter to rest muhahahahah

Ive dont my own researching and this is what ive found:

"So, Reason is pretty much the meat of the sound on the new album?

Literally everything you?ll hear on the new album has been written on Reason. Everything starts there. Eventually we get to a stage where the song is written, and then we ? that?s my producer Neil McClennan and I ? move it into ?Tools where we finish off everything, and that works great since Reason integrates with ProTools really well. Everything that comes out of Reason sounds really good, it?s got this sound, I think ? a kind of certain... everything sounds like it ?locks in? really good, you know? And that sound we got out of Reason is something that we now and again had to go back to Reason to duplicate; sometimes we?d do a thing in ProTools and it just didn?t rock it like Reason did, so we?d take it out of ProTools and try to duplicate it in Reason instead.

What are your favorite Reason devices?

That would have to be the drum machine and the Dr. REX. I use the REX player all over the place and I just love the way you can mess around with a loop, and I love the way you can sync the LFO to tempo and route it to the filter, we use that on the album a lot. As for the effects, the Scream 4 unit is just the best thing for the type of music I?m writing. Definitely the high point of version 2.5 for me. The tape distortion is very good for bass, to give it the edge, it?s warm...

What, specifically, don?t you use Reason for?

When it comes to bass sounds, I?m pure analog and I don?t use soft synths for bass at all. There?s just no substitute for analog. Instead, I?ll take an Oberheim, Moog, Korg MS-20 or something, sample a sequence of it playing, rex it up and then bring that back in Reason and lock it in there. I do occasionally use the softsynths to put melodies down ? I?d say maybe 80% of the synths, the top line and high end stuff, is Reason. I can?t as of yet use it for everything ? obviously you can?t record vocals into it ? but ultimately, what Reason does have by way of limitations is also one of its strong points. It forces your imagination to be more on the board, you have to dig it out of your head rather than just going ?well, I just can?t do that in there?. I never saw it that way, I mean if something you want to do is completely off limits then just use another program, no big deal"

So this is where he went wrong? LOL

Only Joking guys......its a good album...im just pulling ur chains heheh

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....