View Single Post
Old 17.12.2008, 12:20 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus as a standalone synth live?

Hi there

I wondered how many of you are actual keyboard players using your Virus as a standalone synth live?
I absolutely love my Virus TI Polar. I found myself getting lost in the endless number of presets tho. (Manys hours lost in the headphones) So many fanastic sounds but not all of them very useful to me. Great, but I'm enjoying it much more since I've gone back to basics. I love stripping it right back to a pure sawtooth or whatever, single oscillator at first then adding a second osc a fifth above etc. I'm getting really into trying to emulate vintage sounds, and the virus is fantastic. Using its as a lead for a solo in a funk outfit is amazing. - I particuarily enjoy having the pitch bend set to +- 48 semitones - dropping it down or whacking it up whilst soloing sounds mental B-D . Treating it like a vintage synth has made me appreciate really how good the Virus is. I'm using it mostly in a great funk band and also a more experimental ambient electro prog rock type jazzz drum n bass fusion type band, lots of massive pads. I'll post some links soon.
And when I say I love stripping it right back, thats not to say I don't then add effects and appergiator type stuff, usually when soloing, I love the fact that the Virus has so much in its arsenal.
I find it fascinating reading all the in depth sound designing tips you guys have, and I try most of them out. I'm learning so much on this forum.
Cheers guys

Grant

Nord Electro2 73
Macbook Pro
Logic Pro 8

Last edited by gfb : 17.12.2008 at 01:09 AM.