View Single Post
Old 17.12.2008, 08:18 PM
New here
New here

well na not an actual crossfader, that would be cool, but i love in single mode, when you select the next patch the one you're on fades away nicely, i'm so used to the sound being cutoff completely when you change.

thanks, my tunes are a work in progress. Going to put a band together for it. Myself on my Nord Stage and Virus, live drums, guitar and cello. I'm thinking of using my mac to play back audio, say bass, and lots of nice virus type pad stuff, but have it midi synced so the virus syncs to the computer midi clock. i've messed about with it, i.e. having a track playing in Logic where i've slowed down the tempo and back again in the global edit track, sounds great if there is crazy lfo madness synced to the clock on the Virus.

While I think of it, i discovered i could use the external midi section in my Nord Stage to control specific parts on the virus if I'm in multi mode. So the setup I had was.....
On the virus in multi mode, I had 5 parts active. I had the keyboard split 50/50. Parts 1 + 2 set to Midi ch 1 and limited to the lower keys (so both parts played at the same time), Parts 3 + 4 set to Midi ch 2 and set to the higher keys. Part 5 set to Midi ch 3.
On my Nord Stage, i had that split as well into three keyboard 'zones'.
The lower zone was hammond, the middle zone piano, the top zone set to external, and that was set to transmit on Midi ch 3, thus playing part 5 of multi on the Virus. At least I think it was like that. Pretty cool?
Nord Electro2 73
Macbook Pro
Logic Pro 8

Last edited by gfb : 18.12.2008 at 12:00 AM.