View Single Post
Old 04.01.2014, 03:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Apple did yet another drastic change on the design/shape/width of their highly successful iPad....now the iPad Air. It will not work in *any* existing or even brand new iPad Dock interfaces. I only own the iPad 2 for use of Waldorf Nave App, but I will not be shocked when Apple decides to "upgrade" their iOS to where nothing after iOS 7 no longer works on either older 30 pin connections or iPad 2....just as the iPad 1 will no longer support newer O.S.

To me, this is easily seen as "obsolesce by design"...and do not like it, nor is it even environmentally forward thinking.

Reaper does rule. Go to their forum and be surprised at how many ex-Pro Tools and Logic folk have jumped ship!
yep, same thing can be said about their battery life-span on their devices. long gone the days where you'd be amazed at how your supposedely thin speced power PC processor would stand up, performance-wise, against the shinniest Intel processor on the PC market, and how it all felt more stable and responsive.

Reaper seems to be gaining momentum on some circles. I know some top producers are running it with very costumized keyboard shortcuts/actions, some mimecking Logic even, for people who've spend their life time on it. Looks and performs good! They actually listen to their user base to!