View Single Post
Old 02.05.2015, 04:39 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

No doubt, there's plenty of crap out there -- one of the joys of the Internet.

I've always said, never trust any form of "training" unless it's either provided by the product vendor (info from the source), or it's paid training. Nobody does GOOD training out of the goodness of their heart, because good training is a lot of work.

Youtube is fertile ground for a lot of folks who want to spread their wings into training but don't quite have a grip on it all yet. Gotta learn somewhere.

At least this guy has proven he does know how to make sounds. Perhaps not in that particular video, and yes the craft of explaining to others could use some refinement to be sure. But when you think about all of the universities out there that are full of professors who are teaching how to succeed in the real world, without ever having worked outside academia themselves, then when you see someone with hands on knowledge trying to share it, I don't think they are the worst of all evils.

I've seen guys publish elaborate training courses on software development kits that are very convincing, and leave you walking away with the feeling that you've learned a lot, yet they themselves cannot name one single piece of software they've ever developed, much less published using that kit.

Reminds me of the old saying: "Those who can, do. The rest teach".