View Single Post
Old 05.08.2009, 01:46 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

moving from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 got the following issues in my lovely unsupported Reaper3.x

1) ALWAYS: making an automation on a midiCC (modwhell in my case) gets the VC "out of sync error" and the virus in frenzy with audio instantly slowing down until burst+crash (the crash happens after 2-3 minutes of having it running in that "slowmode" condition). Disabling the automation all goes back working (after stop/play, of course).
2) sometimes (quite often, 60% chances): after you load the VC it will tell you that it's connected to the Virus but it isnt. The Virus stay in Single/Standalone mode (perfectly working, but cant control it by the VC in this condition). After this issue only hard-reset would allow me to reconnect VC to the Virus.
3) sometimes, while playing, all leds goes dead for half-second but there is no VC disconnection or any other counterside (not even audio clicks). This never happened to me with 3.0.3

For reference about the 1st issue, the exact same project was the one making the virus crash with the burst. The fact is that the chances to crash for each play was moderate, like 10-20% chances. With 3.0.4 instead the issue of slowdown+burst+crash happens ALWAYS.

1st note: yes, i did hard reset after 3.0.4 install.
2nd note: no, dont spam me about "your host is not supported, you must die on the stake", i know is not supported but i'm happy like that because 3.0.3 works WAY better on Reaper than on Cubase.

Cheers everyone ^^