View Single Post
Old 28.01.2013, 05:06 AM
Pro
Pro

I honestly do not hear ANY difference between KINGKORG and my Radias and it seems to be a Radias with better keyboard and some new filter emulations. You can get an used Radias Rack and use any keyboard with veloc/aftertouch and pretty much for an used price of $700. max. I have only kept my currently only Korg, the Radias, because it really is an understatedly deep synth with many possibilities and in fact the Korg product page states it's built upon next stage of Radias--FYI, so may want to look into that because companies like to often re-wrap and sell same (take Triton Engine for example) by inventing a new name and this case instead of MMT it's XMT--same by any other name. Nor am I attempting to pop your GAS for something that appeals to you but having Radias already and seeing a repackaged 97% Radias, to perhaps save you some cash. Matter in fact, there's times I have got "similar" sounds as the Virus, but stress the *similar* here. What's advantagious about the Radias is it has 3 seperate modulation sequencers, 2-32 step sequencers, and many Arps as well and is a great tool and augmentation to our Virus with the difference though, as much as I have tried (maybe not hard enough yet) to make Radias sound as "dark and dirty" as our Virii can, have not been able to do so but Radias excells in other areas and also has very same PCM drums, etc as KINGKORG. something might consider as an affordable alternative IMHO.