View Single Post
Old 16.02.2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Juho L's synthprogramming tutorial

Few people have asked me a some kind of tutorial about synth programming. Also someone should do something to the endless stream of really basic questions that get asked over and over again.

So I decided to start to make one. So now I'd like to know what kind of tutorial would you guys like?

The features planned at this point:

1. First chapter only about basic functions of a synth and how different parameters affect the sound. Included are intuitive graphical diagrams and mp3 examples.

2. Basic sound programming. Basses, pads, synth strings, etc. Very much like on the tutorial on Access site, but a bit more deep and more additional tips-&-tricks. On this section I'd like to know what kind of special sound types you'd like there (hoovers, theremin, etc).

3. The final part is a small test section in which you get gradually more challenging copy-the-sound excercises. I think this section is the most powerful part of the whole tutorial.

The goal would be that after going through the tutorial the "student" would be selfsufficent to study further without any additional need of help.