View Single Post
Old 02.07.2020, 02:28 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I saw recently that some US based Linux company (as if anyone cares about Linux) just abandoned the term "Master/Slave" in their source code in the wave of political correctness that is sweeping the US right now. They will spend a few tens of millions of dollars correcting this semantic horror that has been plaguing society, and surely pass that cost on to the Linux community going forward.

Along those lines I thought about this thread, because I will be adding a Korg Minilogue XD to my setup soon, which can be poly-chained to same for an 8 voice poly... only problem is, the menus fo refer to the setup as "Master and Slave". What sort of massive hardware recall will this involve

And does that mean that the classic Depeche Mode song "Master and Servant" (which by the way has absolutely nothing to do with race) must now be banished from the planet because it portrays an idea, that however far linked could be conveyed by some portion of the population to something offiensive?

And if so, doesn't that mean it's time for aliens to nuke our planet, call us a catastrophic loss, and start over?