Thread: Virus TI FM
View Single Post
Old 27.02.2006, 12:52 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul
Default Virus TI FM

I was just playing with this (Wavetable sines + FM) properly for the probably the first time since I had it - a couple of wavetable sine waves messing with freqmod and phasemod FM modes + a bit of ring mod, noise, the usual FX etc.

All I can say is wow!!!

The combination of the FM + virus filters sounds f****** amazing
Its not that I'm getting anything wierd out of it (or even trying to), its just the sheer richness and fullness of the sound - allmost beyond what you expect from a synth and closer to the qualities of a accoustic instrument with all its subtle resonances and energy.

Flipping though the presets in the patch Ive noticed the the tightest bass sounds were FM based as well.

Marc - for the next major update to the virus synth technology, please further develop the FM side into full 4 or 6 op fm

Ive been playing with the DX7 board in my Motif ES, so quite getting back into FM sounds again, but this is something else entirely different when combined with VA side of the virus. Something the DX7 just cant touch on its own. To my mind Access are close to perfectly setup to creating probably the best sounding FM synth ever created - certainly is allready to my mind as a 2 op beast.

Anyone else been doing some messing with the wavetable FM side of the TI yet?