Thread: Virus TI FM
View Single Post
Old 27.02.2006, 11:12 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Totally agree. The TI can produce the most amazing sounds - the FM modes combined with wavetable synthesis and the various filters give it a unique hybrid sound and a potentially unlimited sound canvas to work on. Apart from the Dave Smith Poly Evolver I have never been more impressed with how amazing a synth can sound - with the right pilot of course.

Hollow - sound clips are ok, but you really want to get your hands on one for a few hours to really appreciate what the TI is all about. BUT (and it is a big but) until Access get a fully working stable OS I would hold fire on buying one. Especially if you are considering putting the TI at the centre of your studio - this is the mistake I made. I picked my TI up early November and had no idea that the OS had major problems before I bought it. If the release of OS 1.10 doesn't solve the issues I am having I will sell my TI and probably go for the Poly Evolver.

As a standalone synth the TI is truly inspirational. Trying to get it to work smoothly within a productive studio environment is a major pain in the arse for a vast number of owners. Beauty and the beast.