This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
Hey mates,

just saw this and thought it might help illustrate some of the points in here:

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/our-favo...rce=noiseyfbus

cheers
Do you mean it helps illustrate some of the points from my position on the argument or yours? I actually think it helps my argument in several different ways. Perhaps most interesting was the mention of Taylor Swift's success -- because while I'm personally not a fan of hers, I think in the genre she works in she does have a way-above-average level of talent. The fact that so many of the rest are flipping burgers or whatever instead of focusing on music full-time is a strong indicator of my earlier point about how much the music industry itself has changed.

Taylor is one of those who may actually achieve the level of industry success in her lifetime that approaches the others I've mentioned. I don't follow country or mainstream pop, so it's very possible that there are others like her that I'm unaware of. Even still, I don't care for her music, I'm just mentioning that to help drive home my point that what I've said her has absolutely nothing to do with my own personal taste or preference for a particular artist. It is an observation about the music industry as a whole.