View Single Post
Old 03.06.2007, 03:24 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I spoke with one of the guys at Access the other week and they have no plans for this.

The integration is a good idea but, not being limited to using it soley inside a sequencer would be great also, if not a better selling point. Other companies offer it so why not Access? I don't like the way the USB totally takes over the midi side and you end up with latency. Why not be able to dedicate the editor control via USB only and still have the midi side live?

I've got a couple of other pieces of equipment like the Akai Z8 & Creamware Noah EX and both use USB for their dedicated editors and also audio as an option on the Noah but, you still have the Midi side available. I have these linked up to a seperate computer alongside my main sequencer computer which for me works well. Obviously not for everyone but, having it standalone on the same machine surely would be a good point.

I think it's a missed opportunity to be honest and I'm disappointed that it's not even an available option or one that might be in the future.