View Single Post
Old 23.04.2013, 06:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, I know what you mean. I also think it doesn't make much sense to have "key shortcuts" on an analogue synthesizer - much less in a mono synthesizer. But judging the sound, it sounds like the real deal to me. Those oscillators are damn fat, and the Moog Filter is very juicy, as usual. The feedback thing sounds absolutely wonderful to me.

I also think the Korg is a winner here! But we're talking very different sound character here, not just abstract specs. And the Moog has a very distinct sound as well, that's earned them glory, even though they're sort of conservative when it comes to implementing more features on their range of synthesizers - not as much with the big guy moog voyager, that has ribbon control, x/y pad, semi-modular architecture, so forth and so on. If you add the moog foogers to that equation, I'd be in synthesizer heaven for sure. There's something about that sound.

The Korg is very very famous to, a classic. Have you ever listened to Hallucinogen? Check it out on Youtube, Simon Postford has used the MS 20 as his main synth for that project!