View Single Post
Old 20.12.2012, 07:02 PM
Pro
Pro

Although I do not own any of the Ti Series, I firstly added a Virus KB to my arsenal and **I do not do trance**, rather, more experimental soundscapes to industrial music. I LOVE the KB and wil be diving deeper for many many years in programming, learning new things as well for long time.
A buddy of mine has Virus KC and although he says he really wished he had an KB in addition because of the more aggressive to incredible warm/fatness (which I agree it has and more), he loves the filters moreso on the Virus KC and after playing around for some time on his KC, and liking some newer, more immediate access to the ARP, for instance, without having to menu-dive for it as on the KB, I actually heard ENOUGH of a difference between the two that I had to turn down his offer to buy my KB for more than I paid for it AND a few months ago, bought a Virus KC because due to some menu-diving and my way of working, finding enough distinctions between the two (with some obvious overlap as will not be daft and deny that), at least to MY ears, I love them both and for whatever reason, loving them both, finding the KC more of an aggressively cold (in a great way), and harder to "tame" than the KB. This also obviously could be due to me being newer to the KC.
A newer aufio interface is in future as want to use firewire 400 that's on dedicated DAW PC and use oscilliscope program to compare the basic waveforms from KB/KC, then progressively add same filter, LFO, et al in comparisons between the two to view what differences, if any, show-up there. Not that I DOUBT Access' statement but perhaps there's more identical sound when comparing a Virus KC and a Ti Snow than there is between KB/KC??! My ears and a few others hear what I hear and I guess it comes down to what I like and if it makes me happy owning KB and KC, that's all that matters!
In the same vein, although own a Blofeld keyboard, decided to purchase buddy's Waldorf Yellow Q Rack simply because just like the Virus Line of synths, **nothing**, not even the blofeld's Q-modeled filters come remotely close to emulating this beast! She can be warm and fuzzy but just as literally rip your face off with sound as the Virus synths--yet distinct from the Virus.
These differences in VA's seem heavily located with each of their filter types and ability to modulate anything with everything and of course each of their AD/DA converters.